EURUSD Trade 01 May 2019


This is a EURUSD trade which I completed this week. I would like to share my thought process to decide why and where I entered and exit the trade.
Daily chart showed EURUSD broke below its swing low on 24/4 to create a supply zone at 1.1240-1.1262 above the breakdown level. This showed that bears were in control, which turned my trade bias for EURUSD to bearish. I placed a sell limit order at 1.1245 (within the supply zone) with an initial stop at 1.1275 (above the supply zone) and take profit(TP) at 1.1140 (within the demand zone at 1.1110-1.1143). My sell order was filled at 1.1245 on 1/5.


EURUSD Daily Chart
EURUSD 4-Hour Chart (Exit 1)

I manually exit slightly more than half of my position on 3/5 at 1.11745 for a +70.5 pips profit after EURUSD has declined to more than twice my initial risk of -30 pips. I then moved my stop for my remaining position to breakeven(BE) + 1 at 1.1244. Taking partial profit at >2R (twice the initial risk) and moving stop to BE+1 are as per my trade management plan.

EURUSD 4-Hour Chart (Exit 2)
Just before the NFP news release, I moved my stop from 1.1244 to 1.1175 and TP from 1.1140 to 1.1100. EURUSD moved down to as low as 1.1135 after the NFP news but later moved up to hit my stop at 1.1175 for a +70 pips profit.
I followed my trade management plan to trail my stop on the 4-hour chart since EURUSD was getting very near to my TP. Moving the TP was an option written in my trade management plan. On hindsight, had I not moved my TP I would have realised a +105 pips profit instead of +70 pips. However, on the other side of the coin had EURUSD moved lower further and hit my revised TP, I would have made +145 pips.

Disclaimer:
Trading and investment involves risk, including possible loss of principal and other losses. I shall not be responsible for any losses or loss profit resulting from trading or investment decision based on my posting and any information presented in this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts